Wednesday, June 26, 2013

I Am Shadows: pt3




The “I’m broke” part

            I throw the pre-loaded card in the trash, it’s no good to me any more. The accounts empty, finally.
It was a reminder anyway.
Now, maybe, I can just starve to death. I thought I would die living on the streets, then by drinking, then by drugs…
But I’m still here.
 I stare deep into the trash wondering for half a minute what I’m going to do next. But I know I’m fooling myself. I’m still looking because I've been living on the insurance of…
 Livings the wrong word, existing…if any word fits. The emptiness returns and I feel as dark as the hole I’m looking into. I turn away. I have the cash in my pocket, I know where to go.
 I know what follows the emptiness.
            Remembering?
            I can’t have that.

            I am running 



I Am Shadows: pt4

No comments: