Tuesday, June 25, 2013

I Am Shadows: pt2





The part where I want to disappear

You can sleep anywhere when you can’t feel.
The wind howls all throughout the concrete stairwell. It’s like a freezing wind tunnel. I doze inside, both hands in my pocket. One hand is fingering the gun I found, the other hand gripping the ketamine I scored.
            I’m so tired
            I can hear the screaming, it's not real, but making its way threw the clutter within my own mind.
            I’m so tired
            I finger the gun and think about how easy it would be to take one of those pills, never to…anything… again.
            I pull out the small bag of drugs, I know these will end the torment too. But I always wake up.
            The tears fall.
I never cry, or sob. I never make a sound, just tears. They fall in huge drops upon the ground I watch them sometimes. Each drop adds to the next making a small puddle. Sometimes I imagine it’s my blood.
            I lay the drugs aside and take out the gun. I look it over and check the clip and chamber. The first is empty, the second has one round. My lucky day. I put my lips around the dirty tasting barrel, remove the safety and pull the trigger.
            “Click!”
            Damn
            “Click! Click! Click!”
            I empty the chamber and look at the bullet. There's an indent where the hammer hit. It’s a dud. I swear again, put the gun back in my pocket and grab the drugs. Its time to forget.
             Like the gun…

            I am Empty




I Am Shadows: pt3

No comments: