Friday, February 14, 2014

Weird Nate


     I was looking though old back up disk's and found around thirty poems, 10 of which I thought were lost forever. This little gem was among them, written years and years ago when my brother Nate and I would write dumb poems in each others note books. 
     My bro still loves his video games. He told me once that he got so mad at a game that he punched his controller intending to break it, he learned pretty quick that the controller over his crotch and he inadvertently punched him self in the nuts. Ha ha ha! Nate you're so weird!


I woke in the night, my hair all a fright
I need to finish that game and I just might!

I tried to roll over and go back to sleep,
But I was counting life points instead of sheep!

I peeked at my wife, all cozy and snug
And I inched out of bed as slow as a slug

The TV Is on! My conscious is gone
I say to game “sorry it’s been so long!”

Daylight invades my video space,
I died many times, it’s such a disgrace!

“Damn you!” I say, “Damn you to hell!”
“It took me all night, I was doing so well”

“I feel bags on my eyes and my breath is so stale,
My head really hurts and my face is so pale!”

I huffed and I puffed and my vision neared,
My wife was watching and said ”Nate you're weird”


No comments: