Sunday, February 16, 2014

Bite Fight


Here is another one of those poems I wrote in my brother nate's notebook. 



I once had a brother his name was Nate
He thought every thing was a piece of cake
That was of course until he,
Tried to take a bite of me

“What are you doing?” I yelled in pain.
“Taking a taste” he said quite plain
“Well stop!” I said “It really hurt!”
“You bet I will you taste like dirt”

“Dirt!” I exclaimed in a boisterous yell
“You’re lucky if I don’t bite you as well!”
He laughed “ha ha just you try”
“I haven’t showered so don’t ask why”

“You’ll surly break your teeth upon
My scaly skin with growth there on”
I stopped where I stood (not that I moved)
And realized his logic was quite improved

“Your right “I said “we shall not fight
I don’t wanna be your meal tonight”
“I’m sorry bro” wiping tears away
“I’ve really got into a book today”

“You can read?” I said with a puzzling look
 ”Yes Dr. Seuss writes a mean book”
We laughed and we laughed for our humor was light

That was the last time he tried to bite.

No comments: