Sunday, February 16, 2014

Kid Bounces to the Moon

     Speaking of my funny brother Nate, he called me up one day and asked me to write a short script for a video idea he had. Using it and other scripts he made the following video.





Here is the script I wrote for him.




Dad is (playing games, reading, napping, eating or pooping.) Son yells from outside.
Ash-Dad dad come out side!
Nate answers back, not really paying attention.
Nate-What do you need son?
Ash says from out side
Ash-Come out here, it’s gonna be awesome!
Nate is put out, and doesn’t want to move and yells back
Nate-What!?
Ash-Just come out.
Now Nate is annoyed
Nate-Son! I’m busy just tell me what you want!
Ash-No you have to come outside! It’s awesome, I’m going to the moon!!
Nate is put out and gets up while saying under his breath.
Nate-What the heck
Nate goes out side
Nate- Ash! What’s going on?
Ashton is holding a pogo stick in one hand and the packaging in the other and hopping in excitement,
Ash-Look dad it came it finally came!
Nate-What is it? A pogo stick? I came out here for a pogo stick?
Ash-It’s not a pogo stick!?! It’s a moon bouncer, look it says “guaranteed to bounce you to the moon.”
Ash is showing Nate the instructions. Nate is looking at Ashton with a cocked and tired eye.
Nate-……
Ash-See? Did you see? Read right there?
Aston points out the wording. Nate just stares.
Nate -…..
Ash-See? There…the words?
Nate- Ash…this is dumb. You can’t really believe this?
Ash-Um…du? I want to go to the moon.
Nate-How much did this cost?
Ash-I don’t know $100 and something…
Nate-(Cough, gag) …a hundred! Where did you get a hundred dollars?
Ashton is frustrated about getting off track.
Ash-A hundred and something!
Nate- What’s the something?
Aston timidly answers then quickly defends him self
Ash- $98.00 and I saved for a long time!
Nate sputters
Nate- This piece of crap cost you two hundred dollars!! How did you save $200.00!!
Ash answers like it was Nate’s fault
Ash-Moms been paying me to do your (fumbles for the word) honey list or something.
Nate-Honey list?? You mean honey do list?
Ash brings the topic back in line
Ash- whatever, I call it cash in my pocket to go to the moon!
Nate-Son, I…I…I don’t even know what to say. This is all just…
Ash-Awesome!!
Nate-…stupid! Ok look we’ll talk about the money with your mom, but you wasted it, and that’s worse. Ash…Son…you need to know that they lied to you to get you to buy this…thing and…
Ash-But…
Nate-No buts! Son you need to know, so before you ruin it put it back in its box so we can send it back to get the money back.
Ash-But…
Nate-But nothing. Put it back in the box!
Ash-But...
Nate-Now! I’m going to get you mom, hold on..
Nate goes in the house to look for dawna.
Nate- Dawna? Dawna! Did you know Ash made two hundred dollars?
As Nate is looking all over the house, there is commotion, the sound of a bouncing pogo stick and laughing.
Ash-Ha ha,
Nate- Dawna?! Ash! You better be putting that Pogo crap in its box!!
Nate rushes to look for Dawna whilst trying to keep his eyes on Ash.
Ash- Ha ha, awesome!
Nate-Dawna where are you??!!
Dawna calls from out side
Dawna- Nate, Nate come out side!
Ash-So much fun! Weeeeee
Nate is confused
Nate-Dawna?!!
Dawna-Nate!!.
Nate is confused and mad, he runs out side.
Nate-What the hell’s going on around here!!
Nate finds Dawnas watching ash as he is bouncing higher and higher. Going to the moon. Nate is looking up.
Nate-Uh? Wha? Uuuuuuum.
Nate is dumb founded and looking up
Nate-I don’t know what to say?
Ashtons voice is small and distant as he yells back

Ash-You can say you were wrong!!!

No comments: