Monday, June 24, 2013

I Am Shadows: pt1



      I found the coolest thing today, I thought I lost it. This is a story I wrote for a comic book character I created when I was 14!! I named him The Shadow and he was a cross between Batman, The Punisher, and Snake Eyes (from G.I. Joe) The story I gave him was deeply troubled. And he was always fighting a drug lord who killed his family. He didn't talk a lot, but I wrote about his pain and suffering as an inner dialog. I didn't really write much more, except once, after that cult leader David Koresh boarded all his followers into his compound in Waco Texas and set it on fire. I wrote a story were The Shadow snuck into the compound and rescued everybody. I even drew it as a comic book, but never finished it (That was so long ago, I wish I knew where that went) But I never really knew how to write that beloved character, (Nothing quite clicked) until a few years ago, I was watching a Dr. Phil on cult abuse, and I remembered The Shadow, and had an idea to make him the victim of cult abuse, and the fight with drugs was his personal fight . I will be posting this in chapters, I now share with you chapter one of ... 


I AM SHADOWS

The “Identity crisis” part



Who am I?
Am I nothingness given into form?
Am I a phantom to pass by or through?
I choose to be neither yet I seem to be both, who am I?
I don’t know any more.
Who I was doesn’t matter; it can’t matter because it is all gone. Wiped away in fires, ash and rain, what did I do?! I don’t remember the details of that night, I don’t want to. Now I seek only to scrub my memories against the cold fires of a bottle.
The ground is cold as I lay in moist filth. My head hurts from the empty bottle found near my ice fingers. I can feel the pain throb through my bones but I can’t care. If I move I might keep living.
 My ally was well chosen, closed on three sides with an opening that’s all but hidden. I didn’t find it on purpose; in fact I don’t remember how I even got here. The darkness and quite suits me, maybe I can finally sleep.
Sleep
Sleep
Away
            “Hey! I think there’s a dead guy in there!”
            Damn
            Now, it’s time to get up, it hurts but I deserve the pain. The world is spinning and I pull my self out of sweet release. A man is here, saying something to me, I flip him off and shove him aside. I quickly do my best shuffle out of the ally. He’s shouting at me, but I don’t listen, they all say the same thing “get outta my… you have no business….. Who do you think you are….”  And my favorite “I’m gonna call the police…” whatever I’m always gone before any body catches me.

            I’m a ghost





I Am Shadows: pt2

No comments: