Saturday, November 19, 2011

Hey Aphrodite!

         I wrote this song for my wife in our first year of marriage, she loved it. After our first baby was born, the little darling gave us no peace whenever we went for drives, except when I sang this song. I probably sang it 1000 times or more that year, my wife and I got sick of it. Its been years since I've thought of it. I never wrote the "music", the tune's in my head....maybe I'll record it. For now, here are the lyrics.


 
Hey Aphrodite


If Venus-Aphrodite were alive and well today, 
She would bring with her the wrath of gods, even unto judgement day.
For her cup runnith over, brimming with jealousy,
Cuz there is one walk'n the land, who is prettier then she!


Hey Aphrodite! Give it up to her. She's the prettiest women, walking on the earth. And although your carved in marble, and alabaster stone, she is liven flesh and blood sitten on your throne!


 If there were fallen angles, walking all around.
One look at her is all it would take, for them to bow to the ground! 
For' they worship beauty, honesty, and love,
And she is the most of all of these, in this world or above!


Hey fallen angles! Give it up to her. She's the prettiest woman, walkin on the earth. And when you fell from heaven, forefitting your grace, it took no time at all for her to take your place!


If there was a talk'n rose bush, quoting poetry, 
She'd be the one they'd rhyme about, because she so pure and sweet! 
Shes their inspiration, like they are to us. 
They'd write songs bout lov'n her and sing um to their buds!


Hey baby rose bud! Give it up to her! She's the prettiest woman, walkin on the earth. And although you bloom in season, soon you wilt away. She will last forever, her beauty's here to stay!


She is the loveliest, this I say is true. 
I found my baby, caught her smile, grabbed her and said "I do!"
They say that beauty's in the beholders eye,
For goodness sake! My baby cakes is something you can't deny!


Hey Aphrodite! Give it up to her. She's the prettiest woman, living on the earth. And although your carved in marble, your figures crumbling down, and she will live forever wear'n heavens crown! 


Hey Aphrodite! Give it up to her. Shes the prettiest woman, living on the earth. And, You've got your fallen temples, that you call your home. But we will live forever sitting on celestial thrones!


And I will live forever, with my baby on my throne!

No comments: