Saturday, August 2, 2014

Toaster Strudel?

      I got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning, so now my wife and I are in a fight. She complained that I punched her while I was climbing over her; whatever, mornings suck anyways.
      I stumped through the house and plopped down at the kitchen table wondering if she was gonna get over it and make me breakfast, and then it happened...
      Now, I never believed in demons before and I probably never would have if the little boy didn't pop up out of my floor right before my eyes. He rose like on an elevator that stopped at the waist to the table. He was about 11 years old and was dressed like a yodler. His eyes were a hypnotizing blue almost like they were painted in, but it was his smile that scared me...he knew something and his smile betrayed that, yet...he didn't care. And then he spoke as he placed his folded arms on my table.
      "Toaster Strudel?"
      "Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!" I screamed with all my might. "aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!" I screamed again in shock and fear at the sight of crazy flying fairy strudels dancing and chanting around my head. He cocked his head in confusion, never once losing his smile and spoke again.
      "Toaster strudel?"
      "Aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh! I screamed again. He watched me as I ran from the room screaming through the house looking for a weapon. I found a baseball bat and, screaming, ran back to the kitchen. He was looking at me, smiling that same damn smile and started to speak.
      "Toaster strud..." I brought the bat down on his head before he could finish, but he was gone, vanished.
      My wife came running into the room with the phone ready to call the police, she was half dressed and scared out of her mind.
       Still panicked and shaken I told her what happened. She didn't believe me, of course, and was still mad about earlier. We argued a little but made up in general. She never believed me completely but in spite of that she knew that something genuinely scared me. Ever since then she makes sure that there is always something yummy for breakfast. But I will never eat at the table again with out my bat; I know that demon is still out there somewhere, and I will be ready.

No comments: