Saturday, July 5, 2014

The Waters Of My Mind

I couldn't sleep one night. I had dream after dream, all different. I thought I was going to go crazy, so I got up and ate some chips. drank a little pepsi and went potty...slept like a baby after that. I wwrote this the next morning.




The waters of my mind
Sloshes back and forth
Teeming to the brim with life
Born within the source

The levees of my mind
Strain to hold it back
Create the order necessary
To keep it all on track

The floodgates of my mind
Lets a river go
The fish of thought are plucked
From where that abundance flows

The danger of my mind
Is that prickly storm
It heaves up on the levees
That are tired old and worn

If I am not careful
To keep it nice and cool
I'll end up flooding out my mind
and be looking like a fool.

No comments: