Thursday, July 4, 2013

Must...care...about...writing...

What a crazy month, right? The answer to that is "heck yes it was crazy"

As anyone following can tell, I've been working hard to manage this site better, and I have some fun ideas. But man I am sooooooo lazy! Its like I've been sitting around getting fat and now I have to get back up and work, its hurts! When It comes to writing the thing you fight is the apathy, you see, writing is all about emotion, and connection.

"What how can that be! I thought writing was about story development and characterization?"

Nope.

You see dear readers, writing is about...the readers. Its a form of communication, but has anyone had a conversation with some one who didn't care? it's like this...

     "So I was walking down the street the other day and guess what I found?"
     "A life"
     "No I foun..wait...what?" 
     "Dude I don't care! Go find a little attention starved orphan to tell your damn story to, now LEAVE ME ALONE!!"


See, if no body cares you can't get your words out, or at least it losses its point. Writing is the same, as  writer, I have to care enough to make you care; give you a reason. Emotion is a very powerful sensation within our mortal frames. We have all of those endorphin's and bio-electric signals flying around our body's motivating us to action (or at least excitement.)

So what happens when a writer losses his steam?  How does he/she try to get it back their mental and emotional fortitude they need to get back the "Why do I even care about this any more" factor. And then how do they continue to feed this great and grand why?

Why Do I care?...

I really can't say any more, except that when I wasn't writing I felt like some thing in my life was missing. A big gaping hole that wouldn't be filled by any thing else. I like the story's I have bouncing in my head, I have made the characters in the story's alive in my heart. I want to share them with you and make them alive in your heart too.

This makes sense to me, when I was young I would bang down my parents door in the middle of the night exited to share with them what I drew or wrote, or conceptualized and would be upset when they threw me out of there room telling me to go back to bed! I was to young to know that...
           1. Wakening some one up in the twilight hours is not the appropriate time to share...any thing, whilst they are sleeping
           #2 That just because Its important to me doesn't mean its important to every one, at least until I show them why they should care.

OK, so I'm older and wiser. Now I know why I should be writing. Now, how to get this fat guy off the couch and to the computer long enough to write something before the compulsion to take a nap sets in...

No comments: