Thursday, July 5, 2012

The oblivious manipulator

Does it bug you when people impose their lives on you?

Arrrrgh! Sums up this emotion. I get that some people have such sad lives that they act like those egg laying spider things from the movie Aliens when they meet anybody who pays attention to them. I know one of these life suckers right now; never before have I ever met anyone who is as oblivious to anything around them, as she is, and as positive assumptive to the point that she is capable of getting anything she wants from those shes latched on.

So... as she was directing my family's activity's the other night in her insane, genius, scary manipulating way; I realized that her obliviousness was her secret weapon. Her prey was unsuspecting nice women (my wife) and her weapons were out before her like any siege engine of war.

First is the piece offering, a Trojan horse. Once inside the walls she brought out her pitiful plights, and layed them out like starving beggars in a court yard. Then she offered a treaty, as cunning as any kingly politician, inviting us to her house for dinner. Once there- she trapped us. When ever we conceived a way out (short of running and screaming) she was right there like a swords man parrying our every maneuver. she had set such a trap that whenever I started to throw my considerable weight around, to get us out, she was able to turn the tables so that my wife became the deciding factor, but if she sided with me then she was really going to look bad.

After having a couple nights to sleep on it and reflect what I could have done different, I realized that it couldn't have gone any other way because she had the element of surprise on her side. I am a better person for having been through that experience because she can't do that again, she messed with the wrong person. and she has inadvertently taught me some really valuable lessons on how to get passed peoples emotional barriers (I promise to only use my powers for good) 


So before you accept a any treaty or invitation with some one you've just met (that seems questionable) blame it on your spouse or friend. "I need to speak with my husband (wife) so I'll get back with you on that." or "I don't know, I made plans with my friends, so let me figure out what going on then I'll get back to you"  then you find out about the person before you talk to them again. Ask neighbors, people you know that they know, ect ect. Even look at their own spouses, if they look haggard then this is your fate. 


Then you ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun!









No comments: