Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Dust

       Here is a cool poem, I don't know when I started writing it (months or maybe a year ago) but I finished it today. I couldn't remember the point I was going for and found my self in a rut. I went to the library and asked a couple people read it for me, then asked them how they felt about it. That's how I found the inspiration to finish it. Shout out to the red sweatered woman and librarian who who helped me find a new point, which was the key to finishing.




Dust, my friend, is a funny thing
The many shapes it takes.
A break down of the elements
That God can just remake.


There isn't a stone or tree...
That can't be broken down...
To its iddy-biddy wee parts...
That the wind can blow around.


Out of dust comes life.
Add water and it sets...
Then everything is made,
That's examined by doctor or vet.


Often times it's hard...
To remember this small fact.
Cuz life feels so important!
When we can't get back on track.


But life is a collection...
Of those tiny little bricks.
Just rearrange the order... 
To make a bone, or stick.


When problems do assail you,
And hard times are a must.
Remember this my friend
EVERYTHING'S JUST DUST!

No comments: