Thursday, November 4, 2010

The Horse with two heads

When I was a senior in high school an idea hit me for a story that would turn out to be a life long obsession. Each time I started writing it, it grew and expanded. Now It has taken on a life of its own and has over whelmed my ability's in many ways. I would have to say that if I'm a good writer, it's because of that story. The problem was that I never knew how to start it. Well... I think I found my starting point.
This story is part of a collection of story's called "The Lost Works of Abbn Ehr" and its from my fantasy series called "Tales of Illandrea"


The Lost Works of Abbn Ehr

The Horse with Two Heads: Part One

I attest to you as you read my words that I am past from this world. Yes, dead! My old goat told me that death is the only true purpose of writing If this wasn't true he told me “Then I would tell them myself!” Since death is irrevocably the only absolute, I write this. 
        I can only hope that my death was not one of old age (since such events haven’t yet transpired.) However, I can only hope that my passing was not quiet, but barbaric. The old goat  said “A riotous death is far better, for you will have stood when other's reviled...”. yet he concluded "or its meaning lies in the burning out of an unworthy soul engaged in stupidity" I imagine a beheading for my self.
        For now, my heart is full of adventures that my body has never enjoyed. The roads of life are well worn inside my mind. My goat was very wise to say “The mind is the only worthwhile mode of travel"  he also said it was the most dangerous because“Wondering too far results in a rare return”.

As I search my memories of non-adventure I remember a conversation I imagined I had with a horse with two heads. I will not bore you with all of the conversation and discourses of my mind, instead I will write the story that was formed by the end of that pretend interview.


Part two



No comments: