Friday, February 20, 2009

There's no Billy here!

Ha Ha, this is a true story! (I played around with some details) It happened in my first year of marriage.  Whenever my wife says something I don't understand I say "What?! there's no billy here!" in a snotty voice. Hence, the blog title and the domain address.


Calling Mr. Jones
Who knew bout that ordeal?
 Leading to a conversation
That's really quite unreal

The woman seemed so happy
When answering the phone
And then she turned right snappy
When I asked for Mr. Jones

“There’s no Billy here!” she said
Angrily to me
“There's no Billy here,
Nor will there ever be”
 

“There's no Billy here
He is not my kin
No Billy lives at my home
So don’t call here again!”



And just like that, she was gone
I was thoroughly amazed
Did the name Jones sound like Billy?
I was dumbfounded and hazed

I checked it once, then twice
His phone number was true
I must have merely dialed wrong
As I am wont to do

I telephoned again
To see what I could see
The woman answered surly
And said all this to me

“Billy! Billy! Billy!”
She did shout out loud
“Why must you call for Billy?
I'll call police”, she vowed

“No! Mam please, now listen”
I said in desperate tones
“I’m calling for a different friend
His name is mister Jones”

Her shrieking now crescendoed
My ears, they were not fine
“Billy! Billy! Billy! Bill!”
Then, hung up the line!

I sat there in a stupor
It all seemed rather silly
I thought for just a moment...
Called back, and asked for Billy

2 comments:

Aaron Miller said...

This one was based on a true story that my wife and i experianced near the begining of our marrage, and has ever since amused us

Natoone said...

ha ha ha! that was awsome!!!! i loved it!