Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Being Direct.

            I looked at the clerk indignantly.
            "Look at this cup!" I yelled "Does it look clean to you?" the clerk, a ganglly boy with a bobble shaped head, looked inside the Styrofoam soda cup as I pointed out the gross crud inside the lip. He looked back at me and said.
         

 "Some peoples children"
            "It's all of them though" I said "All the cups are like this! I just want my drink, man, and every cup looks like this!" I was mad, and pointing pretty hard at the cup for emphasis.
            "I know man" he said "You should see what grown 40 year old men will do to that bath room 15 minutes after I clean it, they ruin it man and I'm like I just want to slap you"
            "Look" I said, gathering my frustration. "One or two cups I could understand, OK, and I wish I could blame this on other peoples kids, I really do, but EVERY CUP HAS CRUD ON IT, ALL OF THEM AND I"M THIRSTY!'
           The clerk stood there,smiling, shaking his head as I spoke, then  nodded. I think he even said amen like I was a preacher and he was the choir. 'I get it man, I get it man" he said.
           I turned to the people behind me, put my arms out wide and started preach'n "What is the world coming to when a man can't get a stupid soda because all of the cups have crap in them, and the help just bobbs his head in grand acclimation,?"
          "I don't know man" says a gangster looking bro, his friend lifts the lid on his soda peeking under it.
          "That what I say" said the clerk.
          "And all I'm asking... is to slap the moron... who, number one can't take a hint and fix the problem..."
          "And leaves number two all over the bathroom..." the clerk interjects.
          "And number three" I continued " ...is too dumb to know when someone is pointing the finger of blame right at them.
          "I'm right there wit you bro" says a different guy who just got in line.
           I stopped ranting and stared at the clerk, the clerk just stares back at me with a dumb smile on his face bobbing his head just waiting for me to continue"
          "Hey" I said drawing out the word "Can you find me some clean cups...please?
          "Oh sure! man, coming right up!" Then he went to get me clean cups.
         

          I think I need to work on being more direct.




No comments: