Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The Last Son of Krypton: Chapter one; Part four

      Here it is, the finale part to this chapter. I thought it would be better for Sah-EL to explain why Dea-Van was a female. and also explain a little more about Mal-EL (as a Geneborn) This whole chapter is quite different from the one I started with. I started writing this story with Jor-EL preparing to send Kal-EL away. It was very dramatic. I couldnt fit everything I wanted into that sceane and found reasons to do back flashes, I hate back flashes. So I found my self at what I think Is the real begining of Supermans story. Everything before this Is just Kryptonion history, every thing after directlly relates to who he is, where he comes from, how his story relates to us, and why he can do what he does. It opens the way for storys with depth, relateablity, and growth. We can relate to his pain, and we really can call him super, not because of his powers, but inspite of them.
       If you would like to see more of this story developed you must comment. A story this big is alot of work and supporting it would give me some ground to present it to those who decide at DC comics or Warners. Time=Money. and yes I am a sell out.



Chapter One: Part Four


       “You must give Dea-Van a chance Mal-EL” Sah-EL lectured. “We have a long tradition of friendship with the Van Line and it wouldn’t do to break that tradition.”
       “May I speak freely sir” Mal asked
       “Please do” Sah said raising an eye brow.
       “She’s weird”
       “More then you?” Sah said dryly
       “Why? If we’re supposed to be great friends, why did you make him a she?”
       “Easy” Sah shrugged “The GenLabs encountered a problem during the expression portion of the regeneration process. G’mar-Van asked for my advice. After Looking over the results of both the re-gen failures and G’mar-Vans DNA, I found a corruption created by his gene modifications. It caused certain enzyme to disintegrate during a new regeneration. The problem was now this: Lose the Van’s to extinction or find a solution.
       “So…you made the Vans female?”
       “It was an easy answer. Female gene’s are (in general) more resilient, and would prove effective to strengthen the corrupted portion. The solution however, was not easy. I needed to find compatible DNA from the existing freeborn family line, which was almost destroyed in the Great War…”
       Mal found himself in a science lesson. He did learn something, which was, when asking Sah-EL questions, even facetious ones, he was in for a science lesson. “And so!” Mal burst in when he felt the lecture was over “…you ended up with a viable DNA sequence capable of regeneration, and saved the Van line!” Mal said, faking enlightenment and joy.
       “Yes! You’ve got it! Well done Mal. Now you see why Dae-Van is female instead of a male!”
       “It couldn’t be any other way!”
       “Indeed!” Sah said delightedly. “Being Geneborn is hard enough without adding new complications, in fact, each new generation faces a different level of frustration then the ones before. I myself was angry at your age because I could remember all three previous childhoods.”
       “What?” Mal said “How come I don’t”
       “Each generation has his own challenges, I have a theory it has something to do with the gene-mods we do with each new growth. But my point is Mal, its hard enough without complications. Dea-Vans changes are the reasons why she’s even with us, yet she remembers a far different experience then she is now having. This is why I arranged with G’mar-Van, for you and Dea-Van to spend time together. It’s perfect! She needs a sense of normalcy and you can report her progress to me!” 
       Sah-EL pounded Mal-EL on the back, yet it felt like a punch in the stomach.

3 comments:

daniel said...

its good, but when to you plan to go back to the kid who got thrown off the cliff? and why do they do this gene splicing thing? why not just leave people dead?

Aaron Miller said...

Sup dan... Thanks for your comment. The Kid from the cliff is a very important part of the story. As you know (from the superman movies) General Zod excapes from the phantom zone and reeks havok on earth with those other people. Since my story happens hundreds of years before this, Trohen is General Zods great grand father. He is my political link to the freeborn, within the story, I need him to help me show important acts and feelings of the general populace of krypton (kryptons voice). He will also be my vehical to show more of Kryptons enviroment. As for the other qwestion, If you have ever followed to superman comics you would find it filled with cloneing. Almost every body has been cloned exept Louis Lane. Even Lex Luther died from Kryptonit radiation poisoning from wearing a Kryptonit ring, and cloned him self, coming back as a long lost son form australa (with flowing red hair) As i studied the krypton history (they did a short comic run leading up to the explotion) I found to weird facts. number one it was filled with civil wars and political back stabing everywhere (which is way Zod was imprisoned in the phantom zone) and that some names had hyphons and some didn't (Jor-El, Kal-EL, Laura dok Van) So I thought why not mash all of these concepts together. Major civil wars and Cloning (or GeneReplication) It mad since to me that the hyphons in the names ment that they were a continuing line of importance, and the others were different. remember Dan that eventually 'everyone' is going to die. I'll give you a spoiler, The origanal Founders knew this, and are trying to save to planet. they are not telling the people to not create a panic. They made mistakes which lead to the great war, but they needed full control of all of the resourses and 'power' to do what they need to do. The genborn founders are a continuation of that effort, relying on past memorys of expirence, with genetic enhancments to quicken technologys pace, to find a soulution to save their planet. Another spoiler, it wont be as easy as they think. I picture the ELs Like Einstien, and the founders like the acadamy of science. Einstien wouldn't follow the rules either and look what he did, and the ELs succeded in saveing one child. The litral Last Son of Krypton.

Aaron Miller said...

Also....The war isn't over.