Saturday, September 10, 2011

Break Out!

               I wrote this one, inspired by my sweet heart. Life hits us hard somtimes, and the answers aren't always clear. I feel like the 'worlds' answers make good band-aids but fall short of true healing. I wrote this while supporting my dear wife through one such trial.


My life has seen a change in the way I play the game.
It was getting hard as I chose to stay the same.
As we fold and bend and move gainst the motion...
Of this crazy life, we cause a commotion.


The 'world' likes it better when we're nice and play.
"Conform" is the "norm" and the scorn goes away.
The man on top bows his great big head,
Approval in his teeth as we get in bed.


He says my mind is not mine to unwind...
They plugged in a program, thats running all the time.
"I'm to fat, your to skinny, he's to poor, no ones winning...
we're all lossers and abuser, plus I think your hair is thinning!"


I'm bust'en out the gate of conformity!
No one in the land tells me what to think!
With great big thoughts ozzen out my ears,
My skull can't keep 'em after all these years.


Break out our minds, the prison of our souls.
We're perfect as we are, or don't you know?
Our flesh is the chain that holds us down.
Wraps us in habits that make us drown.


Lets let our spirits fly like shooting stars!
Lets let our self's be who we really are!
Un-shack the traps that make us droll!
Then get to liven, cuz that's how we roll!

No comments: