Sunday, February 22, 2009

Ricochet

When she was six, my daughter looked at me square in the eyes and said "I love my daddy... brush your stinky poo breath more please." I said "What?" She recoiled, and ran and got my tooth brush.




While walking down the street one day
I noticed something odd
As I greeted every one
Their breaths were like dead frogs!
Or maybe like a dragon
That's munching its own poo...
Or like a three month rotting corps
Covered in maggot goo
"How do you do?" I'd ask them.
They'd knock me off my feet!
They didn't even need to speak!
Fore smelling rotting teeth.
I think they knew their problem.
I saw it in their eyes.
A mixture of great sadness,
And heavily surprised.
A little girl came up...
And said something to me
"Your breath is killing everyone!
They're struggling to breath!"
Then it hit me, and I knew...
It couldn't be another way.
The bad breath I was smelling...
Was mine, by ricochet.




No comments: